Mount Marty College's Step Ahead Dual Credit Program provides a unique opportunity for students to enroll in courses that earn both high school and college credit simultaneously. MMC's fist partnerships in the Dual Credit Program were formed in 1996 and have proven to be very successful and an educational asset to students who take advantage of the time and money savings program.Benefits
- Increased confidence in ability to do college-level work
- Being a "step ahead" of other college freshmen
- Saving time by not having to repeat the courses in college
- Paying a fraction of the price for the same college credit
- Increased opportunities for the college student to double major, take lighter credit loads, and graduate in four years
Who is eligible to register?
Students must obtain approval from their high school's guidance counselor, teacher, or appropriate personnel to register for a dual credit course. Students must be approved for advanced placement courses or meet two of the following criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Minimum grade of "B" in prior content related courses of the dual credit course
- Minimum ACT score of 21 in content related sub test
- Rank in the top half of the class
Students may register online for dual credit courses. Payment for courses can be paid either by credit card, cash or check. Students must contact the registrar's office in order to drop a course and must abide by the deadlines to drop as outlined in the academic calendar.