Admitted Student Day
Admitted Student Day is an exceptional opportunity for admitted high school senior students and their families to explore Mount Marty College and all that it has to offer. This special day goes beyond our campus visit day programs in that participants will get the inside scoop on not only college preparations that you may have not considered yet, but also some of the amazing opportunities both inside and outside the classroom that await you as a student at Mount Marty College. You can even cheer on the Lancer basketball teams when they hit the court in the afternoon!
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Check-in and Hospitality Breakfast - 9:30 am
Program Welcome - 10:00 am
Offered in a conference-style format, you and your parents will have the opportunity to select sessions that most appeal to you. Breakout sessions include:
• Be Prepared: Demystifying the FAFSA
• Make an Impression: Scholarship Interview Tips
• College Roommates 101
• Your Chance to Ask: Student & Parent Panel
• Navigating Play NAIA and Athletic Eligibility
• Experience is the Difference: Internships, Clinicals & Research Opportunities
• Why Yankton Made the Top 10 List of US Small Towns
• A New Perspective: Travel & Service Learning Opportunities
• Home Sweet Home: Tour of Rooms
• Get An Edge: Honors Program and the Service Science Leadership Minor
• ENCORE! Using CREATIVITY through the Fine Arts
You'll also have the opportunity to have lunch with academic advisors to discuss how they guide you through your first-year experience and beyond to your degree.
Talent Scholarship Opportunity
Students interested in Talent Scholarships for art, band, choir, creative writing or theatre also have the opportunity to audition or interview during this event. Scholarship amounts are based on talent, involvement and major/minor status. If interested, just indicate your area(s) of interest in the registration process. The Talent Scholarship Guidelines document offers information on documents required in advance and guidelines on how to prepare for your audition or interview.
Not admitted yet?
No need to worry. All you need to do is submit your application and send in your official high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores for admissions consideration by November 28th to be eligible to attend this unique campus event.