Noon Forum Semester Schedule Set at Mount Marty
The Noon Forums at Mount Marty have recently been set. Each Thursday on the Yankton campus presenters give a talk on a variety of topics. The events are held over the lunch hour in the South Dining Room of Roncalli and are free and open to the public. Brown bag lunches are welcomed and visitors are also welcome to purchase food in the cafeteria.
Fall 2013 Schedule:
For more information on Mount Marty College events, please visit www.mtmc.edu.
- Sep 19 - Patricia Miller, "The U.S. and South Dakota Constitutions: a Comparative Study"
- Sep 26 - Robert Musil, "Global Warming: What Can I Believe?"
- Oct 3 - Mario Savini, "The Double-Edged Sword of the Digital Camera in Photojournalism"
- Oct 10 - Dr. Paul Anders and Dr. Nick Shudak, "An Enduring Question - What is Authority?"
- Oct 17 - Deacon Dennis Davis, "The Abolition of the Death Penalty in South Dakota"
- Oct 24 - Shelly Luger, "Service Learning and Cultural Immersion on the Rosebud Reservation"
- Oct 31 - Dr. Theresa Lafferty, "Qumran and The Dead Sea Scrolls: Archaeology in the 20th Century"
- Nov 7 - Michael Sprong, "Dorothy Day and the Catholic Worker Tradition: Our Yankton Connection"
- Nov 14 - Dagmar Hoxie, Carol and Bruce Meyer, "The Yankton Area Banquet"
- Nov 21 - Dr. Michael Pietila, "Sleep and Academic Performance: Don't Take It for Granted"