Frequently Asked Questions

When is my balance due?
Balances are due the first week of class. If you are unable to pay your balance in full, payment plans are available. If you are receiving financial aid to cover a portion of your balance, you are responsible for paying the remaining difference by the first week of class.

What is the refund policy if I were to withdraw from college or drop a class?
The tuition refund policy for the fall and spring semesters is as follows: 100% tuition refund for courses dropped within the first week of class; 60% tuition refund for courses dropped within the second week of class. No refunds will be made for courses dropped after the second week of class. Fees are nonrefundable once classes start.

The refund policy for Weekend College courses is as follows: 100% tuition refund for the first day of class; 0% tuition refund thereafter. The program support fee is nonrefundable once class starts.

Please note that when you withdraw from college or drop a course, it may affect your financial aid. Any Federal funds returned will be charged against your student account and may create a balance due.

When are refund checks issued?
Refund checks are issued the second Friday after classes start. Please note that all financial aid paperwork must be complete, loan funds must be applied to your student account and a credit balance created before a refund check is issued to you.

When are work-study checks issued?
Work-study checks are issued the fifth business day of each month. They can be picked up at the Business Office (Bede 211). Please remember to bring a photo ID with you. To set-up a Direct Deposit pay method please contact the Business Office.

When will I receive tax information regarding Qualified Tuition and Related Expenses?
Tax information for the Hope Scholarship and Lifetime Learning Credit will be mailed to you by January 31 via the Form 1098-T Tuition Statement. Mount Marty College reports using the Amounts Billed for Qualified Tuition and Related Expenses. Consult your tax advisor for more information.

Can I leave a credit balance on my account for the following semester?
Yes, you may have a credit balance from fall transferred to the spring semester. You must complete and return the proper authorization form to the Business Office.